CHI03kesä2023 Family nursing approaches in the care of children, adolescents and families CHI0305A20S-3002 29.05.2023-31.07.2023 5 credits(Diak)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
At the end of the course the student is expected to
• Plan and evaluate family nursing approaches and practices
• Identify and plan actions in the context of family nursing care with special issues
• Assess the impacts of practices and approaches in the family support and care service system
• Propose development opportunities in family nursing
• Analyse, apply and evaluate national and international evidence-based research on family nursing
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Suitable for nurses, public health nurses and midwives to specialize and update their competence, or for a student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Health Care who has already completed the relevant basic professional studies (The care of children, youth, and families -studies) in their own degree program. A prerequisite for proceeding to the advanced studies is approx. 120 completed credits or other specific reason which has been discussed and agreed with the study guidance counsellor. For Open UAS students’ mastery of the equivalent knowledge (comparable study module of another UAS or adequate work experience as a nurse).
• Family nursing methods and processes
• Specificities of family nursing
• Family nursing practices and service systems
• Development challenges in family nursing
• Evidence-based research on family nursing
Lessons are in Finnish.
RPL 5/2021: An RPL can only be granted if the student already has a degree in nursing, or with equivalent studies completed in a UAS degree program in nursing.