CLI4PS23HKI Clinical care IV: Home care and outpatient care CLI4005N20S-3003 01.08.2023-31.12.2023 5 op(A53nur)+-
The aim of the course is that the student
• Understands the meaning and methods of health promotion and prevention within the field of home care and outpatient care.
• Gains a deeper understanding for the older patient and patients from different cultures. The student gets an insight in the collaboration between hospital- and outpatient care and learns to see the care from many points of view.
• Learns to collaborate with different professional groups in a client centered way.
At the end of the course the student is
• Expected to be able to plan, carry out and evaluate the home visit independently and as a part of a multi professional team make a care plan for the client
• Able to see the clients health resources and is able to develop his/her health prevention and promotion thinking.
• Familiar with care assessment over the phone and knows the meaning and purpose with phone counseling. The student can consider the special matters concerning clients from foreign cultures.
• Familiar with the special needs regarding older clients, including medication administration, nutrition and rehabilitation.
• Familiar with the normal aging process and can identify variations from the normal aging.
• Familiar with different types of eHealth solutions as a part of the outpatient care.
• Home care
• Outpatient care
• Medication administration
• Vaccination competence
01.08.2023 - 31.12.2023
01.03.2023 - 19.03.2023
Sairaanhoitaja- ja terveydenhoitajatutkinnot (temkok 5-8)