CLI5PS22HKI Clinical care V: Care of women and children CLI5005N20S-3002 07.11.2022-09.12.2022 5 op(A51nur)+-
The aim of the course is to give
• Basic knowledge related to children's and women's health i during the various stages of their life cycle
• Basic understanding of women- and family care
• Ability to support the well-being of families.
At the end of the course the student is expected to
• Demonstrate basic competencies in Contextual-, clinical-, caring- and medical care in pediatric-, gynecologic and maternity care.
• Recognize and discuss the most common gynecological diseases, their prevention and care.
• Explain main themes related to a child´s normal development cycle.
• Knowledge in basic pediatrics: being able to recognizing and communicate the most common diseases during childhood and adolescence.
• Identify factors related to normal pregnancy, childbirth and child care.
• Guide patients and families regarding reproductive health
• Is able to delineate aspect related to family centered care
Pediatric care 2 cr
• The child as a patient, special aspects related pediatric care (medication, age/level of maturity)
• pain and anxiety
• basic- and surgical pediatric care
• circulation, digestion, neurology
Care of Women 2 cr
• Women as patients
• Most common gynecological problems and diseases and their impact on women and their families
• Basics in reproductive health
• Knowledge of common contraceptives
• Knowledge of normal pregnancy, delivery and postpartum care.
• Extensional studies in gynecological care OR pediatric care (more information at course introduction)