SOCPK23HKI Society and legislation SOC0005N20S-3003 09.01.2023-03.03.2023 5 op(A53nur)+-
The aim of the course is that the student
• Is familiar with the society and understand the public and economical connections within the profession in the public and private sector
• Can describe the possibility to public influence, explain how the working life is organized and be aware of the legislation that underlie the labour market
• Is familiar with the Nordic welfare model as a base of values
• Is familiar with the own working field and see possibilities to be an entrepreneur
At the end of the course the student is expected to
• Be able to describe the structure of the society and the legislation and other regulations that is a base for how the society is working
• Be familiar with the legislation that is essential for the profession
• Realize the value of multi professional co-operation.
• Be able to distinguish and put into practice the most relevant legislation within the field of labour legislation
• Be able to describe the structure of the society according to existing legislation and be able to identify his or her own possibilities to influence
• Be able to discuss the meaning of the Nordic welfare according to the own profession
• Be able to describe the welfare services the local authorities offer according to existing legislation.