DOMVK24DIAK Domestic Violence (5 cr)
11.10.2023 - 29.10.2023
04.03.2024 - 26.04.2024
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Diak joint implementation
0 - 50
- Degree Programme in Social Services
- BA of Social Services
- BA of Social Services, Diaconal Work
- Hanna Lamberg
- 06.03.2024 13:00 - 16:00, DOM/ Course info and orientation lecture
- 07.03.2024 09:30 - 11:00, DOM/ Webinar I
- 07.03.2024 12:00 - 13:30, DOM/ Webinar II
- 18.03.2024 13:00 - 14:00, DOM/ Supervision and discussion on current topics
- 02.04.2024 12:30 - 13:30, DOM/ Supervision and discussion on current topics
• know general social alignments, strategies, essential legislation and service system related to domestic violence
• know the prevalence, manifestation and consequences of domestic violence and understand the dynamics related to the phenomena
• can identify, face and act in domestic violence work within the limits of their profession
• understand the relevance of multi-professional cooperation in domestic violence work and can act as a representative of his/her profession in multi-professional work
• can utilise the current research results related to domestic violence for development of professional work.
• general social alignments and strategies related to domestic violence
• essential legislation and service system related to domestic violence
• the dynamics of the phenomenon of domestic violence
• the prevalence and consequences
• identifying, facing and supporting victims and perpetrators
• looking after the safety of victims
• the importance of multi-professional cooperation
• professional and critical reflection
Oppimistehtävät voi tehdä suomen- tai englanninkielellä.
Learning assignments can be done either in English or in Finnish.
The elective study module is held as an online course. Course info and orientation lecture are in the beginning of the course and are compulsory. There are two webinars and two supervision sessions during the course. They are voluntary, but participation is strongly recommended.
Learning assignments formulate a consecutive entity in terms of their contents and pedagogicy. Each learning assignment has relevant learning material attached.
Location and time
Online studies. All scheduled sessions are held in Zoom.
Attendance to the orientation class is compulsory in order to start the course.
The workload is approximately 27 h per credit.
Assessment methods and criteria
Resubmit / pass